Kindergarten, First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth - TeachersPayTeachers.com

Pin IT!

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

The RIGHT Resolutions


Happy New Year! 2013 has come and gone! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season with your loved ones:) * I had to share this selfie (which I rarely take) because I LOVE my new Joe Fresh white vest, which I paired with a long striped navy and coral shirt, black leggings and brown Steve Madden boots! 

I don't know about you, but I'm SO ready to get back into the classroom. I have several projects that I need to finish and I'm so excited for our new Elementary Math Leadership Team to get started!

Sophia Lynn is wanting to crawl....badly. She is scooting and pulling herself up to the standing position! YEA!

To bring in the new year, I made a DE-licious salad for dinner! I put three pork steaks into the crockpot on high for 4 hours and topped them with 6 crushed garlic cloves, 3 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce and ½ cup of chicken broth. The meat fell off of the bone...it was so tender. I cut up some leafy greens, a tomato and topped off the salad with some feta cheese. Last night I made some dressing for a chicken dish and I had some left so I put it on the salad..YUM. There is a pic below! That recipe for the dressing is on my Pinterest board: Yummy Food!


Yesterday, I was sipping on my Starbucks Chai Tea Latte, thinking, what will my 'New Year's Resolutions' be?? Ughhh…. the pressure…. to make a resolution that I will follow through with. Isn't that the goal? I did some researching and found an interesting article from Forbes: ANew Kind of New Year's Resolution That Will Make You Happy.
                                             Hmmm…. 
Basically, when we figure out what makes us happy in life, we need to learn to create more of it. A New Year's resolution shouldn't be a brand new idea, they should build on what we already have in our lives. These resolutions should be something that we want to continue and commit too. In this article, Caprino writes that we could choose a theme for the year 2014, using one word to describe what we want more of. Words such as: authenticity, peace and serenity.  

 Soooo….. with that in mind I decided to make one resolution and a theme that will bring me happiness and will continue to 'pave the way for more growth' as Kathy Caprino writes in her article. 

* Currently, I enjoy cooking and trying new recipes now and again. New Year's Resolution: try a new recipe every other week while maintaining a healthy diet. 
* My theme for 2014 is openness. I will keep an open mind while engaging in new duties as a teacher, wife and mother. Part of being open is to value new experiences and thoughts while listening to ideas of others and putting judgements aside. 

Yikeskers. 

I have my work cut out for me. I'm truly blessed with all that has happened in the last year and with a few new ideas to keep in mind, 2014 is sure to be a hit:) 

~ Stephanie


No comments:

Post a Comment