Kindergarten, First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth - TeachersPayTeachers.com

Pin IT!

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Blades of Glory



Hello 3 day weekend! AHHHH! I seriously can't tell you how excited I am to have a break from school. Don't get me wrong, I love my kiddos but mentally...this girl needs a break. Tried a new recipe this week! I (ok, my husband came up with the name) call it:


What comes first? The chicken or the egg? 
Ingredients: 
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
your favorite steak seasoning 
extra virgin olive oil
2 eggs
1 onion
1/2 red pepper
2 jalapenos
*You can pick your own sides. I had some steak fries in the freezer and a can of crescent rolls in the refrigerator. 
Put 2 tablespoons of EVOO in the pan on the stove and then put in the 2 chicken breasts. Sprinkle chicken with your most favorite steak seasoning. I know its steak seasoning on chicken, but trust me...it was DELICIOUS.  Cook chicken for 10 minutes or more on medium heat. While the chicken is cooking, dice all the veggies. Make sure the chicken is nice and done and remove from heat. Do not rinse out the pan. Put a little more EVOO into the pan and dump veggies in. Sprinkle veggies with the steak seasoning. Cook veggies for 5 minutes on medium heat or until they are done. Remove veggies from heat. Crack two eggs open into the pan. (You are going to make over easy eggs.) When the eggs are done remove them from heat. Place the egg on top of the chicken breast, put veggies on plate and add your favorite BBQ sauce. ENJOY! So many flavors happening in this dish! YUM!


My third grade title kiddos are working on multiplication and division. I planned a supplemental activity where they had to read 6 story problems and show me how they got to their answer by using peanuts as their manipulatives. The next step is have my students tell me how they got to their answer... LONG story short>>> I went to a meeting yesterday and it was all about conceptual learning versus procedural learning. Teaching concepts first and then procedures. Growing up and being taught procedures with no conceptual learning learning on, I have to learn how teach my students different strategies and concepts before teaching them the standard algorithm, procedure. YIKES. Bring it on;)

~Have a great weekend! Me.


No comments:

Post a Comment