Kindergarten, First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth - TeachersPayTeachers.com

Pin IT!

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Elf

Good Evening bloggers:) Thanksgiving came and went...all to quickly. BUT, I did get a ton accomplished over break! Black Friday shopping was a success, spent a lot of time with family and friends and got ALL of my lamination done. I also cut it ALL out. WHEW! Before the kiddos left for turkey break, we did a math craftivity to review our ten's facts and the commutative property of addition. I purchased the craftivity from Teach Forward. My first grade Title math group had a blast with it!
My school is trying to implement 'I CAN' statements along with the IOWA Core this year and I was trying to figure out, as a Title math teacher, how can I do my part to help my kiddos become responsible, confident learners? I came up with an idea to post the 'I CAN' statements on a bulletin board in my classroom, specific grades K-5. For example, my third grade students are working on subtracting within 1000. I posted the 'I CAN' statement for that standard on the bulletin board. Now this idea is just a work in progress... 

Sophia Lynn was my inspiration for the blog post title: Elf. Her Grandma Scott got her a super adorable red, green and white p.j. set. She looked just like a little elf! LOVE HER!
Have a great week everyone! 
P.S. I'm working on a three part math lesson which will incorporate some literature that will be available in my TpT store soon!
-Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment