Kindergarten, First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth - TeachersPayTeachers.com

Pin IT!

Monday, October 27, 2014

Parent Communication


One of my goals for myself this year was to improve the communication to parents of students who are in Title math. If you read my last blog, you know our theme this year is Awesome 80's! Each week I choose a student to be the rock star of the week. They have to respect others, persevere through math problems, use academic language and model their thinking. Once I choose a student, I fill out one of the notes below and send it home for the parent!
I have also started sending home Title math bags every other week. These are short activities/games that parents can play with their child. This is by no means homework and is only used as a supplement resource for students. Once the game or activity has been played, the parents fill out this log and students return it to school along with the game and all of the materials. There is a place on the log for parents to fill in if the game was easy, hard or just 'okay' for their child. This is a GREAT way for me to differentiate.
Grab BOTH of these freebies over at my freebies link!

No comments:

Post a Comment